Monday, September 10, 2007
Portfolio 1: John the Baptist
The things that John the Baptist says and does to fore shadow the teachings of Jesus are his sermons to crowds of many, his baptisms of many, and the fact that he is preaching God's word out to the masses. John also states specifically that, "But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." John was talking about the coming of Jesus. Based on this part of John the Baptist's story I believe that Jesus' words will be very strong, as John's are like when he called the people a brood of vipers. Also, I believe that Jesus will teach about generosity because in John's sermon he specifically said that the man with two tunics should give one to the man with no tunics. John's sermon also gives foreshadowing to Jesus' lessons about fairness by telling the tax collectors not to take more than the required taxes, also John told the soldiers to stop extorting money, and to be happy with their pay. With Jesus growing up in a family with John the Baptist as a cousin and Mary as his mother Jesus will most likely grow up to preach the word of God, and to love everyone around him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment