Monday, August 27, 2007

Portfolio 1: Who is Jesus Really?

When I think of Jesus I think of stories of being a good person, then the Golden Rule suddenly pops into my head, also I think of his teachings being very repetitive in a non-repetitive way, like, many stories with one meaning. When it comes to Jesus I consider myself a follower of his lessons, but not of him. I believe in his lessons and how they apply to life, but I, myself, do not believe in his existense, I can believe that he lived, but not at all in the Resurrection. I feel this way because I am too logical, and probably too realistic of a thinker to believe that someone can die and magically come back to life. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in God, but just not in Jesus. I also believe his teachings are of great importance, but do not necessarily need to be told coming from Jesus himself. These teaching are beneficial coming from anyone in the world, and can be understood universally, but including Jesus' name in there lessons cause most of the world, who do not believe in Jesus, not to witness these lessons. With the conclusion of my blog I just as this question, "Why do we put such a high premium on Jesus' Name?"

No comments: